One of the important criteria is that of placement offered by these institutes and colleges. So, if you happen to go these and check out what are the placement records, you will find every institute making good claims about their placement records. But, these records shall not be taken on face value and shall be looked into a little deeper.
Placement records are good criteria for ascertaining whether MBA College in Delhi is a top quality institute or not and how does it stand in comparison to the others.
Here are some of the points which need further probing:
1. Whether these companies really came to the campus for taking students? You need to find out whether these companies did come or their names are written only for manipulating the list.
2. When did these companies come to the Top MBA colleges in Delhi for campus recruitment? It is also important to ensure that the list mentions only those companies which have come to institute in the recent past, not one year back. Some institutes provide misleading information on when these companies actually came for taking the students. So, you can just a few random calls to the companies mentioned in the list to ascertain the facts.
3. Was the placement due to the efforts of the placement cell of the MBA in Delhi or was it the result of students own efforts? This is difficult to ascertain but is very helpful in telling the exact nature of practices that are being done by the institute. There are some which will make the students produce the job offer letter and then keep a copy of the same for showing to the prospective candidates that this company has come to the campus for the selection process.
4. What is the type of companies which are coming? Are you looking to get into an MNC? If yes, what is the record of the number of MNCs coming to this MBA college in Delhi. Or, is this institute catering to only local or seemingly unimportant companies? This would be a reflection of what all lies in store when you finish your course in that institute.
5. Nature of work of the companies which have come for placements is also an important consideration. What would you do if you want to major in finance but the companies which are coming to the institute are mostly from the marketing stream? Would you change the stream or look for another MBA college in Delhi?
The choice is, therefore, not easy to make and even the placement records can not be relied on the face value.